Monday, August 18, 2014

Anticipation of the Return

There's something about being in college that fills one with both excitement and trepidation. On the one hand summer break is over and the workload of school is looming ahead, but on the other, the prospect of moving forward in life, towards something meaningful, is invigorating.

Entering my sophomore year at the University of Denver, I cannot help but feel as though I'm returning to my own personal cocoon. Visiting the campus before the start of school, while it was vacant of students, was like walking through a ghost town, as though I was there but something was missing. There's something missing. The grounds themselves, without the students and faculty, are lacking the thrill of knowledge and potential that are normally bursting at their seams.

There is something about a college campus that makes one feel independent and accepted. Being away from home this is my turf! I walk these grounds. With my whole life ahead of me and with the sun rising and setting on the brilliant crimson and gold emblem of the school, I cannot help but feel that I am where I'm supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment